Stearic Acid (Triple pressed)
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Stearic acid is vegetable based (not sure if coconut or palm based).
USES & APPLICATIONS OF TRIPLE PRESSED STEARIC ACID
Our triple pressed stearic acid uses include the manufacture of:
- Candles: Many fatty acids, including triple pressed stearic acid, are used in the art of candle-making, which helps the wax harden and keeps the candle shape.
- Cosmetics: Stearic acid's stabilizing quality makes foundation and concealer consistent in application.
- Buffing compounds: Triple pressed stearic acid acts as a binder and thickener.
- Creams and lotions: Triple pressed stearic acid is an emulsifier, so it helps with the stability of creams and lotions.
- Detergents and liquid or dry soaps: Triple pressed stearic acid is the base stock for these products — a surfactant to wash away dirt and oil.
- Shaving cream: Triple pressed stearic acid keeps the shaving cream ingredients together and locks moisture into the skin.
- Body wash: In soap bars, triple pressed stearic acid works to stabilize, harden and bind the product. As a surfactant, it also helps wash off dirt and oil.
- Hair care: As an emulsifier, triple pressed stearic acid will help keep the water and oil components of hair products together.
- Fragrances: Triple pressed stearic acid is a common ingredient in perfumes.
BENEFITS OF TRIPLE PRESSED STEARIC ACID
Using triple pressed stearic acid will provide many benefits. It:
- Softens skin: It draws moisture into the skin, keeping it hydrated and soft.
- Protects the skin barrier: Triple pressed stearic acid will restore any weaknesses in the skin barrier and reduce water loss.
- Provides lather: This ingredient lathers well in soaps and body washes.
- Adds a pearl quality: Triple pressed stearic acid brings a pearl look to lotions and creams. Stearic acid esters, along with ethylene glycol, glycol stearate and glycol distearate can also create a pearl quality in shampoos and soaps.
- Stabilizes formulas: In products that have a mixture of oil and water, triple pressed stearic acid will help prevent particles from separating so that the formula is cohesive.
- Thickens and hardens products: Triple pressed stearic acid makes product formulas hard and thick, so they can retain their shape.